Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Going Back Home to the West Coast....

As we are pulling out of the driveway my dad says, "man, I wish I could put a car cam in there!" I'm kind of wishing he had.  After all, seeing is believing! But here goes my best efforts to describe to you my cross country road trip with Suze!

2 minutes into our journey Suze looks at me and says, "I'm not sure I've fully wrapped my mind around what I'm doing." Really? Because I'm painfully aware we are about to be in the car together for 4, 10 hour days.

The first 5 hours I drove and listened to my mother tell me how to drive the entire time! "Oops, I'd get over." "You know you need to turn up here?" "I'm just going to tell you, I won't be ok with you ever going over 80mph.""Well, aren't you heavy footed!" Ummm... Yes, I am. You would be too if you were holding me up. So in turn, I made her listen to me sing! Sadly for me, most would agree that's a fair trade on the annoying meter.

One of the highlights... I turn to Suze when she lets out one of those gasps that makes you think your about to drive into fire. "What?' "We forgot the talk box thingy!!!!" "I'm sorry, WHAT?" "The directions thing." "The GPS... I have one." Not to mention our phones are capable of doing all things aside from giving birth these days. But Suze has no idea about all that as the 2013 atlas sits in her lap with her "readers" OVER her sunglasses resting on her nose. As soon as I typed that I realized I must get picture for full effect! .

All in all, not bad! We made it to Tyler, TX, further than we anticipated and haven't killed each other yet. So, those of you taking bets, I'm sorry, you lost todays round.

4 states, 11 hours, 656 miles, a mexican dinner and Holiday Inn... God Bless!

Tomorrow's a new day!

Wish us luck,

LL
Saying bye to my Boosh.... Killer!

Headed back to CA!

Tyler, TX sunset. We made it!
Typical.



Obvi a marg was in order.


Someone watches too much Criminal Minds.... Mom's makeshift security system. 

No comments:

Post a Comment