Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th from HWY 287!

Soooo.... We drove ALL day. I'm sure you're thinking I must have some great stories since Suze and I were stuck in the car together for 13 LONG hours on a rando desolate HWY in Texas, but nope. No one is more surprised than me, but Suze and I just cruised on through like no big. Just jamming out to some tunes and listening to our Mary Higgins Clark book on tape checked-out from the Destin Library. Yep, you heard right. My Night Time is My Alone Time, by MHC.
The day was long, but not uneventful! We stopped in Dallas to visit the JFK Memorial and grassy knoll. The city was dead, I'm assuming everyone was out on the water some where having a cold beer celebrating America's birthday. Not us... We were being tourist!
No drama to report, so I'll leave you with some photos.

2 states, 743 miles, 13 hours, an Applebee's Dinner and Holiday Inn... God Bless!

Tomorrow's a new day!

In good spirits starting day 2!

Happy 4th from HWY 287

Mom on the grassy knoll

Loves JFK

MUCH needed!
LL

No comments:

Post a Comment